Well, today continued my war-on-Thursdays record of the past 2 months (but not for lack of trying to love them!!!!!!):
- Came to campus to find a parking ticket in my door
- My less-than-two-month-old phone got stolen while I was out for a staff lunch (for the record, it was out with me. how does this happen, you ask? great question. if you figure it out, please enlighten me.)
- I was convinced to get an inside-out grilled cheese (parmesan-coated grilled cheese with white bread and kraft singles) and garlic fries, which sounded like a fun & indulgent idea but literally almost made me throw up during the aftermath
- Went to a former address for a family I babysit for (turns out, they moved!) and didn’t know the new address (or have any way of reaching them faster than driving to a coffee shop to steal wireless and pray they would facebook message me back)
- Spent an hour at Target trying to pick out supplies for an event I was asked to help with tomorrow, then my card (and my backup credit card) got denied even though both totally had plenty of balance/credit on them for purchases
But on the bright side:
- I cracked a walnut for the first time. (!!!!! WHAT? Who am I and what is my life that I’ve never done this before?!)
- A 9-year-old braided my hair before she climbed into bed.
- I got a parking spot right outside my front door.
- Tomorrow is another day, and that day happens to be Friday.
Ah, Brooklyn, Brooklyn, take me in; are you aware the shape I’m in?